Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good Byes

I think this is the hardest thing I have had to do, is to say goodbye to my family here in Mexico. I just left the house of my Mexican Momma and her children who have become my family. I could not help but to cry, but she told me something very simple but great advice. Think of this as a long vacation from Casa Hogar, and I will be coming back in a few months. She has been my substitute mother here. She was there for most of my tears and frustrations, and she just always had an open ear for me. Her children are like my brothers and sisters. Her daughter Evelyn and I have spent many nights laughing and laughing, while the others were always there for when I needed time away from Casa Hogar. So I just said goodbye to my family here and I do not know when I will be back to see them.

So then all day today I have just wanted to relax, but I had a list a mile long of things to do, and places to go. But I will be leaving soon and Mexico will be just a memory. It is so s ad, but I am trying to focus on the good, and all the memories that I will be leaving with. I just did not think it would be this hard, to have to say goodbye to my home, my boys, my friends, and my life. I am leaving my life. I am going back to my life in FL with no job, no plan, but a whole lot of faith which is the most important thing right now in my life. I have learned a lot here in Mexico, and I will be taking back with me so much from here. I do not know how to explain how I feel right now to be honest I feel nothing, and I think that is the worst thing in the world. But Hno. Carlos told me, it is all in the hands of God, and that it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn,
    I just read your article in Gulf Pine Catholic. I live in Gulfport with my husband and 2 children. I went to Saltillo for 6 years straight when I was a youth advisor at St. Richard's in Jackson. I absolutely LOVED it there and would have considered what you are doing if I didn't get married. Some of my closest moments with God were in Saltillo and I treasure the memories. You are amazing and I ADMIRE your work. God will lead you now as you begin a new chapter of your life. Many blessings to you Kathryn. Sincerely, Andree' Burroughs

    ReplyDelete